Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Pictures, words, and more words

We're driving to work: me and the kids (Mike had an early morning conference to attend and make a presentation at). Justine is playing with a toy HumVee, which winds up a bit and it's little pretend engine roars. It also has a white hook in the front. Justine asks "What is this mommy?" and I blank. For the life of me I cannot remember the word for "hook". I mumble something to the effect of "I don't know, honey", when behind me Vasco clarifies "Mommy, that's a hook, mommy; it pulls the car, mommy!" First, how does this kid know "hook", and, second, how humbling is it to be outperformed by your barely 3-year old at 8:21 am? On the way back from work, when we were discussing dinner, I mentioned we were having broccoli. Justine complained. Vasco says, "You need to try it, Justine!" Do these kids even need us anymore????

Finally, working on a big project:

No comments: