Sunday, June 24, 2007

Tinkle, tinkle, little star...

How's potty training going, you may ask?
0630 hours. Vasco trods over to our room. "I'm hungry. I want Bumble Bee Cheerios" (Honey Nut Cheerios: there is a bee on the box!) Bumble Bee Cheerios are consumed.
"Let's play with the clown!"
"Sure, honey, but we have to put on your big boy underwear first!"
0712 hours. New Spiderman underwear on. Mommy's level of enthusiasm: 100%. Vasco's level of enthusiasm: 100%.
0742 hours. Clown has been discarded, and we are playing with bubbles.
"Vasco, do you need to go potty?"
"No...."
0748 hours. "Vasco, let's go sit on the potty". Level of enthusiasm down to 91 percent, but no fight. No tinkle either..
0812 hours. Queen Justine wakes up. Now there are two. Time for Justine's nebulizer and an episode of the "Little Einsteins". Still no tinkle from Vasco, so I sit him on the wooden chair.
0831 hours. Einsteins complete their mission. I take Vasco to the potty yet again. "Moooooommyyyyy, I want to try laaaaaaaaaaater". Level of enthusiasm down to 81 percent and falling.
0832 hours. We have pee! In puddle, on living room floor! Justine perks up, "Mommy, Vasco peed on himself? On underwear? Vasco peed on the floor?" And, against all rational thought, I put her in underwear too...

It is now 2106 hours. Kids are asleep. Tally for the day:
Number of successful potty trips: 4 total (2 pees each)
Number of potty trips with no result: 184 or so
Number of potty trips where either parent races to the nearest bathroom with either child hoisted up on top of shoulder: 5 (all between 6:15pm and 6:38 pm, aka, while attempting to eat dinner outside)

Oh, no, wait, a real time update!
2108 hours. Vasco's up. He pooped. In his diaper.

So, if someone can do the math and tell me how many pairs of underwear and shorts I should bring in to daycare tomorrow, I would be most grateful. In the meantime, Mike and I are going to go eat obscene amounts of chocolate (me) and ice-cream (Mike), and finish off the bottle of wine from last night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hilarious -- I can see what's in store for us! At least we still have a while. Garrick has nooooo interest in potty training yet.

wen