Friday, August 24, 2007

I-Pod We-Pod You-Eat

Friday night is At-Least-Attempt-to-Eat-Out-Night. It has progressively gotten better as the kids have gotten older: I suppose their attention span is longer, they are able to amuse themselves better, and I have learned to stash various distractions (stickers, pencils, random superhero dolls, loose change from various countries) in the bottomless pit which is my purse. Today, trying to spend a precious few extra moments with my margarita, I must say that I came up with a brilliant distraction: my lovely little I-Pod shuffle. It was an instant hit. Here are the kids jamming on the couch:


And, Vasco's Question of the Day (well, Question of the Evening, really):

(upon being told that it is indeed time to go to sleep, and that he needs to fall asleep all by himself in his big boy bed):

V: "But Daddy, why do you sleep with Mommy????"
Daddy: "Ummmmmmmmmmm.... Go to sleep!"
Nice work Mike!!!

No comments: