Friday, September 7, 2007

First Week of Pre-School

The kids started pre-school on Tuesday, and really seem to enjoy this next level of interaction with their peers and their teacher. By the second day there, it was clear that they were comfortable in their new place: Justine strutting around the classroom like the princess-queen surveying her kingdom, and Vasco repeating the rules to the "kids that are not listening, mommy!"
She ran out of the bathroom after her shower tonight, and while we were cuddling, she giggled, waved her finger in my face and said, "You should know better!" More giggling. This is a brand new phrase, and neither Mike nor I use it, so it must have come from her teacher, no doubt in response to some crazy thing she must have concocted at school. I couldn't extract any more details, though, because my immense amusement at the phrase only encouraged her to repeat it.

Overheard:
J: "See this mosquito bite on my finger??!! I need to go to the eye doctor!"
V: "That's silly! There's no doctor in pre-school!"

J:(upon taking a bite of food): "Look, I'm growing!!!!"


No comments: