Thursday, January 10, 2008

What I got for Christmas, part II

Couldn't pass the opportunity to share this...

We're herding the kids toward the garage this evening, and we run into some colleagues, whose daughter used to go to the daycare with Vasco and Justine, and who we haven't seen for a while. We're chatting, and Vasco volunteers that Santa came to our house on Christmas.
V: "I got Spiderman!"
Julie, my colleague: "That sounds cool, Vasco. What did you get, Justine?"
J: "I got toenails!"

And who says Santa only brings coal to the bad kids!!! :)

Just in case you are wondering, the translation is rather simple:
"I got toenails" = "I got nail polish"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When I was little my dad would say (when we were bad) that Santa would not be brining coal because it was too expensive -- we'd be getting rocks. Then I started a rock collection and that threat didn't really work anymore.

Toenails would have been a far better threat.

Ivanna said...

Jessica-
that is hilarious!!!
:)