Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter!

I think this is a new record for times between posts? In my defense, I was out of the country for two weeks for work, and when I came back the house was still standing, the sink was not stopped up, and the kids looked fed and happy. That my plants have wilted and the blog has not been updated is just part of the collateral damage I'm willing to live with.

The month, briefly:

Earth to Pre-School 2, do you copy, Pre-School 2?: Field trip to the Air and Space museum. Via Metro. With four of us parents in tow, the journey to the museum was seamless. I was frankly impressed that the kids knew crazy words like "craters" and "satellites", and were fascinated by most exhibits. We didn't start heading back until 11:45, at which point I was sharing panic-stricken glances with the other parents, wondering whether somehow in pre-school the laws of the universe that pertain to 3 year olds do not hold, or whether, and perhaps much more likely, we were in for a phenomenal meltdown. It was the latter. Also made more fun by the fact that by the time we had maniacally steered the whole pack of kids out of the museum and were prodding them in the right direction towards the metro stop, my two angels announced that they had to use the bathroom. Urgently. By the time we had caught up with the group again, the latter was disintegrating rapidly. To maintain morale, I performed magic tricks in the Metro by pulling out goose hair (??) lining the coat of one of the kids and making deranged faces. I was a hit. I will let you know if I will be playing in a city near you in the next months.

Swan Lake, Part II: We are back in ballet class after a one-month break. Same teacher. Same kids, plus some friends from pre-school. Same chaos. Except this time they are learning a choreographed dance. So far it has been mostly demonstrated by the teacher and one really attentive 4 year old. The rest... the rest are cute. Especially the one gracefully plopping on the floor with a crazy giggle at every opportune moment. I'm thinking we can try a wrestling class next: it's almost the same outfit, right?

Finally, I am looking for some appreciation for my creative egg-hiding skills:

No comments: