Sunday, April 29, 2007

Bedtime on Oregon Avenue

If this title conjures up images of drooley, calm, quiet and sleepy-eyed children, let me dispel any such notions from the start.
Maybe it's the Johnson and Johnson ads, maybe it's Other People's kids who happily fall asleep sucking their thumb/pacifier/ear of ragged animal of choice, but I expected to have two drooley, calm and sleepy-eyed children around bed-time. One figures a nice warm bath, muted lighting, a nice cup of milk, and a few bedtime stories should set the right mood, or at least close to the right mood, right? Well, see for yourself what 4 nights of 7, with small variations on the theme, follows the quiet reading of the bed-time books. Oh, yes, and if you happen to think you hear Vasco yelling "Moose-kaka".. ummm, yes, he is. Reference to the "Moosaka" comment in
"My Big Fat Greek Wedding". Long story: Mike was calling Justine "Moosy Moosaka" (???!!), and I said "huh huuhhhh Moose-kaka" but rather quietly; Vasco, of course, decided that was his new favorite word. I hope it disappears from his vocabulary by tomorrow morning, but I think that is wishful thinking. More likely than not, I will be trying to explain this one to the day care teachers :)

No comments: