Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Twins Visit the Eye Doctor

Time for the annual eye exam at Dr. Plotsky's! (The kids enjoy saying his name)
The doctor was amazed that the kids cooperated with the eye exam so well: the first part consisted of a slide show with increasingly smaller images. The kids thought it was the coolest game, and Justine was just so excited to see the picture of the "Birthday Cake" pop up every now and then on the screen, but apparently kids their age usually don't want to name the images. Add to this an exam chair that moves up like an elevator, and the kids were practically fighting to take their turn in the chair for the exam. All by themselves in the chair: they looked so grown-up. For being so super good, they got a lolipop and cool sunglasses.
Nothing notable in the exam, which is always good news. Both are slightly far-sighted, which I believe is normal, and Justine may have some barely noticable strabismus (hope I spelled that right!!), which is I suppose a medical term for being cross-eyed?? He said it was nothing alarming though. I thought I'd mention that genetics are not on their side, given my horrible vision, and the doctor was joking "Kids, you picked the wrong mommy!" In the car on the way back, Vasco's version of that statement was "Mommy is a mistake" :) At least I need to give him credit for knowing how to paraphrase...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bet Garrick will be in line behind Justine and Vasco picking out glasses. Wendy and I are "mistakes" too.